View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Battery connector help

That's a LiPo pack. It should have two plugs on it. A balancing tap plug and the main plug used for the heavy current draw. The pictures on that site are quite mis-leading. You cannot tell what plugs are on there, and they certainly aren't any I have ever seen before. Especially that balancing tap plug. Something tells me it should have more then just two wires going to it as well. A 2S LiPo should have at least 3 wires going to the balancing tap plug. Strange. Well in anycase, if you are looking for main battery plugs, and you intend to run this in an E-Maxx, then use the new Traxxas high current battery plugs. Can't help you with the balancing tap plugs. There are a lot out there. Depends what charger and balancer you have. You need a balancer, by the way. It's required for LiPos. I'm not a LiPo guy myself, but there is some good info on the net to help you out.

For the wires going to a 55T motor, you can get away with some pretty light wire, but I'd stick to 12 gauge. It's good for just about everything.