View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Big Block's Return

Ok well it has been sometime since I have updated the rebuild. I have been crazy busy with work and I just have not had time I have even farmed out some of my Rc builds to Jon so i would have some time to work on another build for a friend BUT the kid has been working on it as have I here and there but lets get this brought up to speed..

Ok Bat Fans when we last left off are Dynamic Duo had feel into a little issue.. RUST!

Just seeing how far i need to go.

And lots of it way worse then we had thought but after 15 years of rocks and mud I was not real surprised. So we set out to cut out all the floor boards/ inner and outer rocker and inner and outer cab corners..

We used POR on everything as we put it back together. Everything that was old was grinder wire brushed then POR'ed.

Inner Rocker.

Then I did not get picks of each step but here in the passenger side all done.

Then after booth sides were all welded in and the welds buffed smooth with a 80 grit flap disk on a grinder we 60 grit sanded all the floors and preped them and POR'ed all that too. Now this week the hole cab on the chassis is going to go have the back of the cab and the inside of the cab lined with bed-liner.

So 2 weeks ago we had a change of mind and went with new GM doors as we were having some fitting issues but the new doors fixed that issue here are some picks with everything fitted.

Now also 2 weeks ago the kid went and re loomed all the wiring under the hood with all new Red loom and new black loom junctions and he repainted the air cleaner top and bottom the same Red as the truck and tossed in a new K&N 5 3/4 tall filter on his own dime even and it came out real nice.

Now we still have to change all the belts and hoses and respray the block black but that wont take much.

So now here we are as of this weekend. First it is hot and HE*L here over 100 and the shop does not have air. I called in some help with the back of the cab and jams and the body work down the sides of the cab cause I found after taking the back window out that the cab had been punched very very hard about 6 inches under the back window and I found all kinds of no good but myself and 2 of my friends that work in a body shop spent all day yesterday straightening the cab and i forgot to take picks but here is the end result.

Now all i have left on the cab is the glaze coat witch is on the driver side and the passanger side is done and the roof and jams. We fixed and minor dings in the new doors and fenders cause they always have them and took all them off and they are ready to go to paint tonight. Here is the kid hard at work in the heat taking them off for the 4th time I think.

He also sanded out the visor by hand and fixed a few minor cracks in the fiberglass today too.

And here is the pile that is going to the body shop tonight.

And one more thing it was 102 yesterday in the shop when we shut down at 3:30 and today at 2 it was already 101 in the shade good temp to stop at..

Enjoy guys comments always welcome helps to keep us going that is for sure we are on the down hill slide now..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.