View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Transmissions & Transfer Boxes for 6x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob From Downunder View Post
Can't open the link, says I need 30 points and I have 30 points already, must be some problem with the system. I'd very much like to view it though.

Bob
now it’s gone anyways …
I remember seeing a question from you about the difference between the regular 3 speed transmission and the F-350 transmission ?
Sure you can buy the parts for the F-350 transmission , but for the cost just for the transmission alone ( as long you don’t find it with any luck used ) ,
You may just buy a complied F-350 kit and sell the stuff you don’t need .
As comparison just getting the F-350 transfer-case parts and making this adapter-plate will run you much cheaper .

F-350.................. regular 3speed............. adpaterplate
http://www.customrcmodels.com/Trucks...wd_project.htm

The F-350 transfer-case is NOT a direct bolt on to a regular 3 speed transmission .
( except , you do a little cutting and drilling or make such adapter plate )
The F-350 transmission has an overall higher gear-ratio , since the transfer-case works also as a gear-reduction . the internal components of a F-350 transmission are basically the same as a regular 3 speed transmission , except that it’s build a little different ,
with the shift-rod and shift-forks on the other side , and the motor is mounted on top and it has a slipper-clutch

semi-truck 3 speed transmission

F-350 3 speed AWD transmission

I Hope that covers your questions ?

Last edited by CustomRCmodels; 08-26-2010 at 09:58 PM.