Thread: RC4WD Excavator
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: RC4WD Excavator

Sounds about the same to me Neil... although some of the differences could be that that vid is outside, the camera could be quite a ways away from the model & perhaps the mic on my camera is just more sensitive. And also, I'm running my pump on 13.5v car batt, whereas that one is likely 3s lipo @10.5 to 12.6v, making the motor rpm slower -sounds softer.

My pump runs alot smoother many minutes after initial start up... the vid in the basement, that was pretty much the 1st couple minutes of my use with it ever. Now, when I start the pump out cold, I raise the tx's EPA to 22 or 23%. By one, maybe two trk loads later, I have it set back to 19% & that's where I continue use it at... seems to be the right amount of speed & power for me.

I tinkered with the relief valve, didn't have the correct fittings to tie my guage into the system however, so I don't know exactly where I'm at, but it's definitely lower than it was. Its still a bit high though. The pressure relief on this is rather mickey mouse... its a large, free moving allen screw with a short, 1/4 inch long, very stiff coil spring! Just guessing here, with just a very minute turn of the allen screw, the pressure could jump 5-10bar -> the spring is that stiff! I need to do some shopping around for a compression spring of similar diameter, but much softer tension so I can get a much finer resolution with the presure setting.

Yeah, the lights are pretty bright on this hoe Elliot. I thought the basement vid looked pretty cool using the lights... and the basement lights were on too! More vids to come later... kinda busy right now & getting busier everyday.