View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pete 357 tri-axle dump update 9/05/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky-pete View Post
Amazing detail Brian......she's coming together nicely!
Thanks Troy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Brian, I really like the tank steps. Did you cut the vertical step uprights by hand?
That gear reducer fits pretty well. Glad to see it was the answer to your problems. I read your other thread, asking about it, with interest.
Nathan, thanks, I cut those by hand, but I cheated. I found some material that already had the circle cut in it, so all I had to do is cut out the step bracket from it. It was a very time consuming task! I'm still not completely happy with the screws but I had trouble drilling/tapping anything smaller, so that will have to do... for now.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Nice rivet work Brian!
thanks Craig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straywolf View Post
Man oh Man Brian, excellent work on the dump can't wait to see her finished, and your rivet work is outstanding!!!! You sir are the King of Rivets Excellent work Brian!!!

Mike
Thanks Mike! You actually inspired me with the rivets on your truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Orme View Post
Brian;

I looked for the other thread on your gear reducer but could not find it. Is it for spur gears or belts?

Ken
It is geared

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbilt65 View Post
truck is coming out great brian and the rivet work isn really nice and straight , what size rivets do you use ? thanks neil
Thanks Neil! The rivets are 1.2 from Scale hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Thanks for the link Nathan.