View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Styrene Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoranWraith View Post
Save yourself a boatload of money and forget the Bondene or SameStuff, Tenax etc. solvents. Go get yourself some MEK at HD or Lowes, works the same. If you need a little bit longer set time, use Tamiya's glue, it's nice and thin but good work time. For even longer you can use the gooey std model cement but it is messy to use in a precise manner but set time is forever.
Plastruct Bondene is Dichloromethane and Plastruct Plastic Weld is MEK and yes both will work for styrene but do not have the same characteristics. Bondene is suitable for bonding like materials and Plastic Weld (MEK) will do like materials but is more suited to bonding dissimilar materials. The plastic supplier I buy from recommend bondene or a similar product for styrene and MEK for ABS. I have tried MEK on styrene but I prefer the Bondene it seams to be a stronger bond but that is my opinion.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11