View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 10:20 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1/10 Caterpillar dozer

Thanks for all the complements guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther F View Post
Very nice, is this a kit or an RC conversion from a static model?

Sorry for the barrage of questions ...

... still looking for that one RC project other than my tanks and I'm not sure a plain-jane truck will do.

This is one I wouldn't mind owning regardless of the cost.

~ Jeff
Jef,f it is all scratch built. And it is still for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT29 View Post
I love this dozer i came across your you tube videos awile ago and have wondered if it would be posible to buy one but now i know you have to build it! where do you start?
Cat29, I researched for a year trying to find everything I thought I would need and how I would go about designing things and make it look as real as possible and the big trick was to do all of this without showing any fasteners, everything had to look as scale as could be. When I desided to finnally start I downloaded all the pics that I could find of different angles, then blew up a pic of the Cat D9R out of a Cat brochure to the size I wanted the thing to be (don't think that these are accurate because there not just use it as refrence).It is better to blow up a pic of the actual machine. Then just started cuting and building.(slowly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azonic View Post
Amazing model, love watching it, did you really consider to sell it??
Thanks Azonic, yes I did and still will, just no time to play with it. Someone should get some good out of it.