View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 04:54 PM

DuelTruckDriver is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 55 Pete 281 DUEL W.I.P. **UPDATE 9/18 PIC HEAVY!!**

Hey guys, finally got a new update for ya on DUEL I had to totally redo the 1st set of doors and move the hinges foward more because of clearence issues. These doors broke my b@llZ's to get the real 1:1 look and function properly without hitting the cowl. Heres a pic after I cut the cowl and a-pillar more.

Heres a pic of one of the sets of hinges.

Got the belt line applied around the roof used some half round rod. Man, of all the styrene I've worked with this was a real pain in the a$$ to get perfectly straight around the top.

Heres my 2nd set of doors they are gonna be overlaped of .040 for the inner which will fit flush inside of the cab door cut outs. And .020 for the outer skin which will over lap the outside of the cab.

Incase you guys were wondering about the green painters tape on several spots of the frame. Thats actually were I'm gonna cut the frame down too. But, I'm gonna wait and do that when I get everything mocked up.

I made the cab mounts out of angle styrene doubled up for strength. And then it they were pegged glued to cab. Also backed all the glue joints w/ .040 sheet cut to fit patterns and made a partial fire wall. Since the doors are gonna open I was afraid of the structural integerity of the cab. I know its way over kill but I just couldn't help myself

Heres what I had to do to the cab floor, cut the sides down and, use alum. strip to bolt under the floor so that the cab would be at the correct height. And also to bolt the cab to the floor with.

This shot here you can see that I used some strip styrene and glued to the underside of the cowl panel for the top and sides of the hood to rest on.

Some shots of the cab on the frame. The cab may half to be moved foward or back. Depending on when I get the fenders mounted to get the right length of the hood.

>Marty<

Last edited by DuelTruckDriver; 09-18-2011 at 09:59 PM.