View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fergelli linear actuators L12 R.

Thanks Scott. Yes, I was going to order direct, but the duty fees Fergilli charges really add to the shipping costs! It does seem like the best way to get them though.

150:1 seems awfully slow. I was wanting something with a little more speed. I was thinking of steering my tractor with one, but I don't want it to be overly slow to react. But then again, I'm going for the 6 volt RC version, so that I don't need to do anything else except plug it into the receiver. A 12 volt model would probably be twice as fast as a 6 volt model, with the 150:1 ratio.

Alfy, let me know how you like the actuator. Is it the RC version, or just a regular version you are going to run on a ESC?

I really want to know if the RC version self centers when the stick is at neutral, or if it just holds it's last position. I guess they claim the signal switching from negitive to positive changes the direction, and they have a feedback pot, just like a servo, so they operated in a close loop system. Seems perfect for what I want.

Last edited by Espeefan; 09-29-2011 at 01:33 PM.