View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tournarocker Diversion Build

Finally got the other ring and pinion ordered and now I have it installed in the gear case. I put everything together and taped the electrics on and gave it a try. The thing steers and very nice but the motors are WAY too weak to do any justice. Actually there's a gear inside slipping on a shaft as I can hear the motor running. This is my first time mine you,that I have built a RC vehicle other than my walking dragline so this stuff is all new to me. I'm going to have to try some other motors but the size will be a big factor. The Swiss Maxon motors are sure nice quality motors but I don't understand the numbering system they use to choose the proper size and RPM,and the green ones I've been picking up on Ebay use their old numbering system and there's no old links giving this info.
I'm going to look at some of the BaneBot motors I guess unless anybody has any ideas but as far as size; They need to be no more than 1''OD x 3.5''L and speed around 300rpm.
Drilling wheels. The old toy wheels sure wobble!

Ring gear spool:

Tapping spool:

Found out that some of the Traxxas gears are heat treated, I fixed that with a quick annealing from the jewelers torch.

Cooling down

Inside the 2nd gear reduction:

Finals:

I'll have to make a cover I guess for the finals .