Thread: Vario...
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 07:30 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Vario...

Just a little bit of material needs to be removed from the u/c to fit a larger planetary type gearhead vs the original spur gearhead it had before.

It's not that big of a deal. This model is not like anything I've had before b/c of its weight class & power!

The original creator used a worm drive on the swing & track drives, and if set up correctly, it all works with much greater power over direct drive systems, which I didn't know at the time of assembly & I buggered mine up. These new track drive upgrades should be almost dumby proof.

I'm also thinking that the original creator (Fumotec, Frank who is an employee of Vario Helicopters) had used some better components (likely selfmade) than the current manufacturer who is now providing these models to the consumer. What looks good on paper doesn't always work well in reality.

Vario's primary has been rc helicopters; the construction equip line is new to them & it's just taking a little time to iron out the wrinkles.

wdc's excavator is pot aluminum cast garbage that cost a grand more & has a mere fraction of the power & durability that this model excavator has.

I have never broke hard ground with an rc model before... I don't have the patience to spend a yr or more to build each of these models myself, nor do I have the resources for parts or material readily available where I live either. So I will be a Fumotec customer for a long time to come.

Fumotec has three new models coming available sometime in the next yr or two. They are the Bell 4206 (4wd tractor), Komatsu WA 500-6 wheel loader & a Bell B40 adt. I'm eyeballing the 4206 1st & in 2 or 3 yrs the wheel loader.