View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Knight Hauler Harley Davidson 100th Anniversary Edition

The last few details I did was was hand paint in all the door jambs, hinges and handles etc, tint out the sleeper windows and add some CB antennas to the mirrors, made from guitar string.

Looking at it now, I don't like the beacons. They were sold as accessories for Tamiya tractor trucks, but to me they look to be 1/10 scale, too big. Also, they use 3V bulbs instead of LEDs and just dont look realistic to me. You don't really get the "rotating" effect, you see each bulb light in sequence. I might stick them on the 1/10 scale Land Rover Defender I bought my dad. It's actually a CC01 Land Cruiser kit modified to take an RC4WD Defender body.
I noticed somebody on here put a link to LED beacons by Pistenking. I had never heard of that site until I came on here. I have already learned loads from this forum. The Pistenking beacons look way better and are cheaper too. I paid 70 odd euro for these ones.....ah well.

For the future, I think I would like to stretch the chassis and paint it and the axles etc and add some more LED's etc. For now though, the next project is a trailer.

All comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking!