View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 AM
Green Horn

Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My "office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc333 View Post
Hi Rick

Do you guys only have electric drive trucks ?? and are they only the dc style ??

Also is that Rio Tinto I saw that owns the mine ??

I also work in an open cut pit in the Hunter Valley (Australia supplying the world's biggest coal export terminal) with the the 830E trucks. The seams in the pit where I am are fairly small compared to the ones you showed.

How big is the mine what other equipment do they run there ?

Just curious to learn more from over the other side

Thanks
ddc333,

We run strictly Komatsus for haul trucks. 33 of them are 830e's, and 5 of the 930ae's. Just found out last week that we have 8 more 930's coming in, and will be in service before then end of the year. They will be replacements for some of our older 830's. The 830's are DC drive, and the 930's are AC. The AC delivers power SOO much more predictably and smoother. The Dynamic braking on the 930's is incredible also.

Rio Tinto owned the mine until last November. We are now owned by this Co.
http://www.cloudpeakenergy.com/operations/antelope-mine

I'm not sure on the size of the mine itself, but we are considered a mid-sized operation compared to some here. We shipped right at 36 million tons last year.

Some of the other equipment we run:

We have one P&H 4100 XPC, and 2 XPB's. Also have 3 P&H 2300's. Three CAT 24H blades take care of the roads, along with a couple more 16H's. Our dozers are all D10& D11R's, and we have close to dozen of those. We only have one dragline, and it's a Marion 8200. The watertrucks are all CAT 789-793's.

Everything has Sirius satellite radio in it.

Probably the most impressive thing on our site is the fact that we just surpassed 5 MILLION man hours w/o a lost time incident !!

What kind of shifts do you guys run? We are on a 4x4 schedule. 12 hr shifts, 4 on, 4 off. 2 sets of days, then 2 sets of nights. And I love it !

Keep in touch. Nice to know someone else out there has an understanding of what this industry is like.

My other truck is a Komatsu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rogue; 08-31-2010 at 07:53 AM.