View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 08:48 AM
Green Horn

Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default Ford F800 BigJob

I know, I know, most of you have already seen this. But i'm bringing it over here anyway.

Here's my latest endeavor. I knew when I first saw the pics of this truck a couple years ago, I would someday build one.

I have a "spare" Wedico pro chassis laying here, and decided it was time to put it to use. I searched for a while trying to find a decent Midnight Pumkin for sale, and came up empty-handed. So i bit the bullet and bought a complete chrome body set. I whacked the bed off of it, and stripped the chrome finish off it.

Here's all i've got at this point, but it will show some quick progress soon. It will have some discrepancies in it as far it being 100% correct, but it will be close enough for me.

Well, i've finally had enough free time to drag this off the bench and do some work on it. Nothing major mind you, but it's in color now. Turned out fairly decent for 5 hours of work, and a bomb can paint job.

And no, the box of baking soda is not there by accident. That's my body filler. There is not one drop of your typical body filler, or glazing putty anywhere on this cab.

Starting to knock down all the molding lines

Yeah, I know the back windows not proportional. But for what i have planned, you'll never see it anyway.

Added a cab floor

Not exactly my favorite color for anything else, but it's period perfect for this truck.

My other truck is a Komatsu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.