View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RC4WD Realy bad coustomer service!!!

Yes, they are full time business. RC4WD usually has everything in stock, even though it sometimes says there is a 2-8 day lead time. This is sometimes true with the special order items, like complete truck kits, but a lot of the single parts are in stock, unless they say so, and in that case you aren't allowed to back order those items. I ordered some Punisher driveshafts, which said they had up to a 2-8 day lead time, but they shipped right away. I think it's a just in case kind of thing.

RC4WD is kind unique because a lot of their products are designed by hobbiests, all over the world, and as far as I know, nothing is machined in house. The business is quite small, working out of a rental suite, and I think the staff consists of at least three people. I think they do a lot of outside consulting on engineering, and designing their parts. I don't know the whole story, but they are a small staffed, small business, which is actually doing really well. If I remember right, the owner and founder is a guy named Hua, who just started out by selling parts for RC Monster trucks about the very late '90s, and things just took off from their. I remember ordering from him, when he was the staff, and no one else.