View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nick's 379 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Had a feeling you where in the UK before I even looked at your location. The little red pug in the background was a dead giveaway. I take it that it's the 1.9 GTI. Those things where famous for rolling over LOL!
/Nostalgic car related off-topic

They were certainly famous for putting people through hedges backwards if they drove them like fools! That car demanded respect and rewarded you for good driving but would just as quickly turn round and bite you on the bum if you pushed it!
I owned 3, loved them. Most fun car I have ever driven. Could feel everything through the chassis and could just flick it round corners. The engine in my last one pulled like a freight train. But then it used to fart and snort when sitting in traffic for too long. And the electrics were a bit of a mystery. Still, the shell had not a sign of rust, not bad for an 18 yr old car! I used to love surprising drivers of cars whose alloy wheels probably cost more than my whole car!

/back on topic

My Peterbilt build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.