View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nick's 379 build

Thanks for the kind words Shane. But I regret to inform you, I won't be shipping it to you!! Anyway, you already have a cool rig. I for one would like to see more pictures of it, maybe a bigger version of the small one you have as an avatar, looks great with the bull rack.

I was wondering if perhaps I hadn't made it clear enough where I got my inspiration for various details on my truck. The idea to redo the windshield and increase the pointed shape was brought to my attention by Brian's (in PA) yellow daycab. In my opinion, this model sets the benchmark for peterbilts made from king haulers, it has certainly been what I've been aiming for. Not forgetting Brian's tip for making the front fenders from abs pipe. I first got wind of the verkerk low pros from Troy's (Sneaky-Pete) black peterbilt build and that's how I started to think in terms of making a low rider kind of truck. Being a low rider, the bumper was going to scrape on the ground so I needed a way of keeping the looks but also making it usable and that's where the bumper flip comes in. I first saw one in this video: (45 seconds in) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbc0N...eature=related and thought it was a great idea for extra clearance. I believe quite a lot of trucks in this style have that.
That truck and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6YVCmZ4EKs
were a big part in my inspiration as far as the look I am shooting for.
There are also a few pictures on the board of a truck by Hammer I believe who has already engineered a working bumper flip which encouraged me to figure out how to make it work on mine, as it seems to work to great effect on Hammer's truck.
There are lots of other little details that I garnered from looking at everyone's work on this board whom I may not have mentioned by name but everyone has played a part. I hope it is taken as a compliment to the various sources of my inspiration. I hope that others can also take some ideas from my work as I hope the reason we all post here is to share ideas freely.
A great thanks to all the vendors here that make great accessories like John's pipes, Brian's steps, Russ' tanks and bumpers and Steve's wheels and breathers. When this model is finally finished it will have been a group effort!

My Peterbilt build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Snowman; 12-19-2011 at 03:50 PM.