View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nick's 379 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt hopkins View Post
Your Pete is looking great! I hope that when I get to build mine, that it comes out good enough to even be looked at compared to yours. I cant wait to see it in color.
Thanks! Just take your time and build something you like. What's great about all the projects here is that they're all different. I can't wait to see it painted either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
BAD A$$ Nick!! Well Done1
Thanks Paul!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Cool Nick!! It works real smooth!Although I'm more impressed that you were able to get your headlight on level! I'm on my third truck and still cant get these d#$% things to go on level!
Thanks Brian! Wouldn't have materialised without your hood hinge technique!
Yeah the headlights almost drove me to drink. I ended up making small shims out of thin styrene and gluing them to the hood where the lights bolt on, adjusting them till the headlights were level. I didn't want to risk trying to bend the mounting brackets in case they just snapped. I'm still not 100% happy, they're straight on the horizontal plane, but on the vertical plane they're not. The truck is cross-eyed at the moment, gotta fix that. On the wedico hood there is a small recess that puts the mating face at a right angle. I think I'll just make some very thin shims again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Nick thats one mean lookin' HOT ROD! Your bumper is really neat but too quiet! LOL I was taking pictures of this Pete as he was leaving the tractor pull, as you can tell we are in a field, He flipped his bumper due to the ground being rough as he went by while I was taking another picture and sounded like he hit something! Scared the he!! out of me.Keep up the awesome work, can't wait to see it in color.
Thanks! Haha I'd better work on making it more noisy! Maybe incorporate a cap gun into the mechanism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Nice work on the bumper. I laughed when you flipped it back and forth really quick.

Why must you rev the engine before turning it off? That's not good for the turbocharger! Yeah, I know the MFU does that itself. Weird.
Hehe I better stop playing with it like that in case I break it! It's not fast enough to use as a pinball flipper!
I reckon it's a conspiracy between tamiya and the 1/14 engine suppliers. That way the turbo dies sooner and you have to get it fixed all the time. The other thing that bugs me is the sound the indicators make. If you can hear them outside the cab and over the sound of the engine they must be deafening inside the cab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin n profilin View Post
Nice job on the bumper Nick..Outstanding..nice job on the bumper polishing..i must be doing something wrong on my polishing..everytime im done i keep seeing an a hole in the shine..somethings wrong with what in doing.
Thanks John! This truck would never have become the large car it is today without you supplying your stacks to the community!
Yeah I thought the polishing was ok but when I took a closer look there was a bearded fool in the shine! Seems we have similar problems!

My Peterbilt build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.