View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nick's 379 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Ha, I've always thought the same thing. I'll bet the turn signals are loud so that anyone outside, who can't see them, will at least hear them and know they are on. "But officer, I did signal. Couldn't you hear it?"

Is that yellow Peterbilt the same one on youtube, with a nicely polished and painted Cat V-8 in it? I just saw a video of it tonight.
Yeah forget train horns, the next thing is insanely loud turn signals!
Do you have a link to that video? All my youtube favourites are videos of trucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer View Post
Nick,
That is one bad A$$ Pete that front bumper came out awsome I have to slow mine down and change the hinges out. Just be careful when making turns and that bumper is up pulled mine off twice already LOL. Hope to see it one day in person can't wait to see it finished and painted beautiful rig keep up good work

TONY
Hey Tony glad you like it. I used some tiny hinges I got at an rc plane shop. Then I cut them down some more and fitted them with 1mm bolts. I drilled and tapped the top edge of the box bumper, man that was tricky. Snapped a tap in the hole but luckily had another.
I haven't screwed the servo horn in so it keeps popping off if I hit stuff. I may leave it that way to save anything else breaking!
I was lucky with the speed of it, it's just a cheap servo so not all that fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Looking good Nick.. Not sure how I missed this thread

Oh well I see it now and am very impressed.. oh and please tell me you are not going to use stock mirrors on those hand built mirror brackets?

I really looks awesome. The stance, length, everything look spot on. keep up the good work.
Thanks Mike! Appreciate the kind words. I'm not 100% happy with the stance, I'm gonna drop the rear a little more. I will definitely not be using the kit mirrors! Haven't quite worked out what I'll be using but I have an idea on how they will be mounted now I have found a local supplier of minuscule hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjeepn View Post
Good looking, I like those wheels on it.
Thanks, do you mean the low profile tyres? Cos those rims will be going soon when I fit Steve's super aluminium rims!

My Peterbilt build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.