View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 01:39 AM

Trucker47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let The Build Begin!

Thanks everybody I really apprecaite your comments! Its always a good motivater to see that other people enjoy watching my work

I was able to get some time on the lathe today and finished off one of my axle cases and tested to see if they would fit the motors and if they looked good. The motors fit perfect and I think they look really good. I may narrow the center bump but it is scaled off the 1:1 loader so i may leave it.

Also if anybody has noticed my build is all over the place because when I have shop time I gotta make due with whatever material and machines I have available. And I am on very tight time restaints so I have to work quick without any mistakes. Also because I have all my plans done for everything it is nice because I can machine the part and know it is going to fit. This has got rid of lots of headaches during test fitting and reduces the amount of "bad" parts or Learning experience's . Heres some pics of the front end and axle case:

Final slotting to fit chassis still needs to be done:

And pugs see how you say it is doable to work around backlash now all my parts that come off the lathe that need critical dimensions are within +/- 0.5mm
Thanks!
Chris