View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 08:26 AM

siuvinson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder to Tamiya Scale Opinions

My first (and only) construction related build was a bruder wheeled skid conversion. I had some r/c experience when I started, but nothing related to multi-channel operation and scratch-building.

If you've been reading up a lot, I'm sure you have a decent idea of what you would need to get started. By no means will you have everything to finish right from the get-go, but you can acquire more as you build like I did. If you want to start on a conversion instead of a KH kit or similar, I say go for it! I was able to finish my conversion for about $300, and thats starting from literally no tools or electronics or anything. You won't be able to build even a stock KH for that much.

And some of the big-time members here use bruder conversions at the shows (I haven't been, but seen pics of their rigs), so I doubt anyone would look down upon you for doing so. That's not what we're about here anyways...all that matters is that you share in our obsession and that you tried! If you run into snags, that's what we're all here for!!