View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IH 350B Payhauler Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
IH Steve and I have talked about these trucks too. I'm slowly getting ready to convert two of the old 1960's 1/16th scale ESKA Ertl Payhauler 65 trucks. These will be 2wd like the original with locking rears to help traction. I'll be machining a whole frame to keep from ruining the originals since these trucks seem to be far and few.
Did you buy a 1/25th plastic model to get your details? First Gear made some diecast versions of these in 1/25th scale a couple years ago.
Details come from several places: Yes, I have an unassembled AMT 1/25 model to reference, plus original IH Shop and Parts manuals and Sales literature, and 40 years' experience as an technical trainer for a dealership. I "grew up" with these trucks and have many pictures I took, plus ones from on-line sources, and my memory (though it gets a bit fuzzy sometimes!) The PH65, 95 & 100 trucks were common in quarries around KY and IN. Didn't I see an RC conversion at the Indy meet two years ago? I think Rick had it on his display.