Thread: Knight Krawler
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Knight Krawler

This build has taken a couple different turns lately. Every time I set down at the bench a new idea and direction comes along! I'd like to thank everyone doing brass out there and posting their projects, I really wanted to try a small project so I decided to make a couple of simple rails, well one thing led to another and its turned out to be a whole frame. Its not pretty but when it's done you won't see it unless it's upside down in the ditch. I've also bought the brass to solder up a headache rack. I messed up and got 40/60 acid core solder which I ended up using hopefully it won't cause problems later.

This next set of pictures are mock ups of the new direction I'm going. It will be a tri-axle, I have most of the parts for the axle or need to make them. The deck plate will go all the way to the cab with a headache rack (not made yet). The cab will be a mid-roof, two tone blue, there's a lot of blue Knight Haulers out here but I get a lot of greif from my daughter because everything I buy (1:1) is always some shade of red. Her favorite color is blue. I've got 2 pole trailers one is a donor for the truck and to modify the second one, I'm going to try to do a bridge beam hauler. But as with the truck that can change. Stay tuned and thanks for looking and keep up the awesome builds out there, I spend more time reading the great builds on this forum than posting or building my own!