View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 12:54 PM

Aero 9000 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What motivates you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalelover View Post
I love this hobby and love the customization that can be done, but I keep running into..Lets say creative blocks. I have the ideas and "some"of the know how on getting them done, it's just that I keep loosing the drive to go and do it.. I'll get home and want to do start working on one then I'm sitting on the couch flippin through an r/c mag and just bumming that I dont have a running ride. Yet I still cant get the final ummmpph to go get one done.

Other times I get stumped on how to do something and that takes the drive away or even just makes me want to go a complete different direction on it.
Then it just ends up sitting there in peices till who knows when.

So what keeps you guys going on your builds. Or what gets you back in motion after a slacking spell?? Give me some input so I can get my arse in gear.

--Dan

Caffeine.....
And absolute determination.

Also it can be a boost to moral to "just get something going" even if it is not perfect. Get it done, get it working and if it bugs you go back later and "fix it" the way you want.

Getting stuff perfect right from word go can be very hard, almost allways you do something and after it is done you look at it and think "gee i can see a better way of doing that now".

Sometimes you just need to get it done and let evolution take it's course otherwise you could be like Howard Hughes with his "Spruce Goose", he fiiddled and stuffed about forever to get it perfect and by the time it was done it was obsolete..

Just do it....!!