View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
looks good Nate I don't think you have enough chips laying around yet
Thanks Steve. Yeah, I have a lot of chips to make, before I'm caught up with you, but so far, I'm not doing to bad, considering my mill is smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
very nice machining indeed. well thought out and good planning too i'd say.

Chris
Thanks Chris. I appreciate the comment, considering your engineerng, and fabrication skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Them are going to be very nice finished.. First class work as always nice job.
Thanks Paul. I hope they turn out as nice as I picture them in my head.

Here are a couple more photos. I finished off the top tread plates tonight. I ordered some 0-80 screws, and thought I'd have to wait till I got them, so I could drill the last two holes and counter sunk relief for the screw heads to size. Instead, I found the specs for the head diameter and height online. I was able to go ahead and punch the last couple holes into the plates. The heads of the screws should sit flush or slightly below the tread plates, so it will look clean.

Definitely a labor of love! 59 holes a piece. Now to get the steps on the front, which thankfully will have a few less holes. The tread plates are going to be narrower, but scale. Hmmm, wonder if I should make a deck plate for my truck, and drill all the holes for them too?

Last edited by Espeefan; 03-19-2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Fixin' messed up quotes!