View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Nathan, the step plates look really great. A lot of drilling but sure adds a bunch to the detail. If the 0-80 is a bit large, maybe 00-90? I use this size a lot on brass, aluminum and styrene. Not really a problem, in my experience. Just take your time. I've had the best luck by holding both the work and the tap in my hands. Seems that both "move" together, as opposed to having the work stationary in a bench vise. I've never used a tapping block or fixture - perhaps they would be helpful. Keep up the good work!

Ken
Thanks Ken. My order for the 0-80 screws should arrive sometime this afternoon. Just doing the math and sizing things up, they might still be a little on the big side, at least for bolting the steps to the side members. I'll have to see, once everything is in my hands. Good to know about the 00-90 screws and taps not being as fragile as I was thinking they might be. I guess they really aren't a ton smaller. Just a little. About .010 to .011" difference in diameter. They might end up being the hot ticket though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRockN View Post
My head hurts from the coolness of this project..... My GOD what an outstanding looking RIG this is!!
Thanks MoRockN. Hopefully I can keep the standard going. I have a lot of other detailed parts to make yet.