View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So while my box trailer is getting painted, I did this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REV73 View Post
yeah the 88 series are pretty nice, and despite what some of my fellow farm friends think I think that the 2+2's were possibly the coolest looking tractor that IH ever made. I have a modest size collection of "never played with" IH stuff and I come by it honestly...my dad worked at the International Harvester plant in Hamilton Ontario for 34 years and I was lucky enough to have a short stint there as well before the place shut down..by the time I got there though it was Case IH but still proud to have punched a clock there. Glad to see there are still some people that haven't fallen prey to the John Deere way...I still maintain that while JD was making cooking aprons and collectible spoons...IH was making quality farm equipment...
yup i agree, im a flatbedder, ive hauled for JD and Case/ih, and ill pull out of a CNH plant over jd anyday. i grew up on a farm and had both ih and jd, you couldnt give me a jd! and also was going to be a mechanic at a case ih dealer once upon a time. even after the merge, the CNH gruop still has in my opinion the best equipment out there. you pay an awful lot of $$$$ for green and yellow paint these days just to say you have it.

also a little unknown fact, the same company that owns CNH, owns fiat(and now chrysler) and ferrari! michael schumacer had a case/ih logo on his f1 car for a season once.