View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 12:33 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: D9R and 463 pull scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
What would be the dimensions for your grader tire? Would a hockey puck be close? Somebody mentioned that it would be possible to buy any sized diameter of a hard rubber solid cylinder to make tires from...

I think you're taking this "scaled model building" too seriously Joe... you get within 75% accuracy and IT WORKS TOO! what more could anyone else say but well done?! You don't sound like you're enjoying this anymore...
I think I've seen your wife in one your videos, cheering you on while you're showing off newly built D9... I wouldn't believe that she'd chase ya down with club for digging a little wee hole in the backyard?
Thanks for all the complements guys.

Joe, I may have found a tire that will work, just need to get some more measurement's before I know for sure. I thought about the solid robber when I was researching for the scraper build but 7'' solid rubber chucks are no where to be found. I already had found a grooving iron and a guy to cut them, but no rubber.

I enjoy the building part except for not being able to be accurate in the making of parts that I can't see and know for sure how they are suppose to look. And the showing of the model bothers me because there are so many that make beautifully machined pieces. Seems that the manufactured models and the perfectly scaled models are what intrest people the most over something done by eye and faking. I just am the type person that wants it right if I'm going to call it scale and show it to the world.