Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Clubhouse?

Hey ya'll - Wow - great idea finally crossing everybody's mind. I think we all wouldlove to have some place to go 'play' throughout the year.

I would think that a fixed location would be fantastic, but we are really spread out.

but

a fairly organized group can pull this off. with enough advance notice and we 'all' can schedule a vacation time for a fabulous weekend. I say 'all' because I know there are some that that is just not possible. And like PFB pointed out it takes a structured group - only so that others can easily step in and cover or when some have an interuption. Nothin like calling off a big thing just cause of regular day to day stuff. And carpooling makes all the difference in breaking up the cost - and it takes just a little coordination to pull off.

Also - I think we all know of an almost forgotten biulding on the skirts of a town or in an older industrial area or something like that that could be arranged fairly easily. Spudds offer is huge.

as for the semi trailer idea - on the surface it sounds good, but in actuality - not much space....bummer though.

If we had a regular facility we wouldn't need to rely on events like Indy to get together and have a good time.

Izzy