View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hydraulic Pump Motor Control Options

I thought you already had the battle switch Joe, no?

The battle switch is an on/off relay. To wire it in to turn pump on/off, splice into the negative wire between the pump and main switch (cut the wire in half) and place each bared end into the relay terminals. There's three terminals on this relay, you only use two of them. You can either turn on relay to activate/close electrical loop to turn on pump or you can use the other side so when you turn off relay, it closes electrical loop to turn on pump. Instructions come with it and they are very easy to follow. Electronics is not my friend either, but even I can do this much.

If you wish to program your radio so your pump/valves work just like Ole's dozer, then you'll need to wire your electric pump motor to an esc for variable rate/proportional control. You can wire the pump's esc into the same exsisting battery that runs your dozer currently or from a seperate battery. If the esc has BEC capabilities, then just remove the red wire from the rx lead before installing into the receiver b/c your receiver is already getting power from your tracks esc.

You're going to St Louis in a few months, get your items together now to take with you and surely one of the guys there will know how to wire it up... if you really don't want to do it yourself, but it's really quite simple.

Last edited by Lil Giants; 09-12-2010 at 11:04 PM.