View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:07 PM

Jw. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/14 CAT 390D LME

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi1966 View Post
Nice to see someone building 390. When I started building CAT 374 my other choice was 390, but It's so big in 1:14 scale that I end up doing slightly smaller 374.
My first choice was going to be the 374 but just before I was going to start my plans CCM just released their 1/50 390D LME model so I went with that instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madda View Post
I started designing 390 just few weeks ago. It will be interesting to see what you come up to and also get some ideas from you. Are you using any CAD system for help? What mill/lathe do you have?

Post some pics of machining next time too!

Good luck!
No cad just good old handwritten blueprints and all the dimensions I am taking from the CCM 390D LME. Which not everything is perfectly scale on the model. For example the bottom roller I machined already. Turns out is not wide enough for the tracks on the model. I'm using a Taig mill and a micromark micro lathe 6X10. I'll be sure to post some machining pics later. I plan on making everything myself as much as I can. Hydraulics and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_farmer View Post
Another nice bucket build to follow, keep up the good work!
Indeed I hope to make myself a nice ME bucket like Ari's 374D. Can't promise it will be as nice as his though.