View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brownsville,PA digging show in RC pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Great videos steve-looks like the 9W is working good. Although it seems to be digging good, just watching it work,I was thinking that maybe the bucket needs to be heavier--yes---no???
I don't think the bucket needs to be heavier. The dirt I moved in was wet and had tons of rocks mixed in. When we got there Thursday evening there was a D4 parked in our spot. I didn't feel like moving it and I wish I had because it rained pretty hard later that evening. We waited around till noon Friday to try to get some dry stuff but turned out it was too wet deep inside our pile. I had to blast the the material (With the help of a Ames Shovel)
When I have dry dirt the bucket will bury itself coming out full almost always. When digging out midway on the boom, the drag chains pull the bucket down some because of the hitch. On the video where I'm walking around, the kid operating it is trying to dig too much at once. If you keep the hoist chains just lifting the bucket and skim a layer off all the way from the bottom to the top, it works very nicely until you hit a rock.