View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 09:39 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Joe these are great builds it a shame but I would have liked to have one of that dozer. Ed
I had several people wanting me to build them a dozer like mine, so after Indy last year I wrote Cat to see about licensing. They emailed me and said that do to the economy that they weren't doing any licensing and besides it was very exspensive, but they liked the one-off. So I just forgot about it. A month later I get an email from the top model builder of Cat models in the world, CCM (Classic Construction Models). They said that Cat had suggested that they (CCM) let me build under there license and they would market them for me. I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD RIGHT ABOUT NOW. We talked on the phone a couple of times about how we could go about this. They finally emailed me the other day and gave me the details on what they were willing to do and the bottom line is that there is no way that I would make anything on these models, in fact I would go in the whole bad on each one by the time they took 10% off the top for Cat and 20% for CCM and my labor. So I guess I just build one-offs, but I thought it was quite something to even be recognized by both of them. I didn't expect to even hear back from them when I first wrote them.