View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KW Daycab "Pipe Dream"

Thanks John, I hope it will be a build worth watching.

So, looks like it's time for another small update. However, this time I'll run through how I made the fenders for peterbilt65! There will be pictures, don't worry...

The update is a small brace I added to the front of the truck. The brace supports the two fenders, keeping them together for when I will start on the hood. I'm not sure if it is precise enough for me to keep though, because it appears to be a little off, and I tend to hate anything that is not completed with as much precision as I see you guys pull off! We shall see if it is straight, and I will think up a plan for the hood soon!
So, pics!

Here is the cab as it stands...

That is the brace in between the fenders.

Side view (cab not properly leveled).

Inside view of the brace, you can see the challenge of attaching everything!

Here is a view with the cab sitting level.

And a view of the inside for fun.

Now, Neil...
Here is your tutorial on how to make the fenders and what they look like.

This is what the piece looks like:

I used a hacksaw to cut the smaller connector section off of the larger piece, leaving that piece that shrunk to a smaller circle on the one end, leaving a perfect fender circle! Then I cut the circular piece where I needed it (I used two pipes, due to lack of material in one), one higher and one lower.

Here you can hopefully see where the fender came from, and what the final product looks like.

Good luck, and happy building to you! Just mention where you got the design from, so that other people can see how! Have fun!

This concludes our build update/tutorial! Thanks for looking...

Tune in next week for more.

Let me know what you think guys!
-Bigrigger