Thread: Old Skool 281
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Journeyman

plow jockey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Old Skool 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrazy523 View Post
Nothing like the old school. I love this build can not wait to see this truck done.
Thanks Buddy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy8305 View Post
more pics @tsmcs.com then go to ts trucks on the left
Thanks Buddy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exthood359 View Post
Well I will shed some light on this matter on this truck............

The reason it looks so much like the truck that Paul did the 87 359 of Derrel Snow is because Derrel built this 1957.

Derrel bought the truck in Colorado and took it to Les Barnhart who was the owner of Panelite before losing it all to his wife in a divorce here 5 yrs or so ago. Anyway Derrel and Les put the truck together in the early 80's and Derrel owned the truck until the late 90's. He sold the truck to a guy by the name of Humphrey in Springfield MO who extended the hood and put the big vortex breathers on and the sleeper vents in the hood and after a few yrs sold the truck to someone in Long Island New York.

If you want to know if I drove the truck YES I did. It is a model 281 year 1957 when I was around it, it had a butterfly hood, 272 inch wheelbase, with a 72 inch flat top American sleeper. It had a 400 Cummins with a 13 spd and 3:70 rears. The next time I'm at Derrel's I need to take some digital pics of all the pics he has of the truck and post them back in the day. It was for sale here a yr or so ago and was asking mid 60's for the truck.

Very nice ride to do and looking forward to the finished product......

Great job

Wade
Thanks Wade!!! Its nice knowing the history on this truck, looking forward to seeing thoose other pics.Thanks again Fred.