View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RDS8000 Mixing Help Needed

Alrighty guys after switching drive channels and hydraulics around I got the system setup and running. I now have the motor coming on only when the hydraulics are active through the servo function and operating correctly. It took me a bit to figure out I couldn't use the left stick for the functions like I wanted so I switched to the right and all is well.

As for anybody else that runs into this problem, here are a couple of things to remember.

Only the right stick can be used for the hydraulics and motor combination. ( I have made a few modifications to my controller making the left stick self centering as well so I can get forward and reverse through the sabertooth).

The endpoints on channel 7 have to be set at 0% like stated before but make sure you set your adjustments to center on the radio to begin with so you have full stick play in all directions.

My pump is fully adjustable and at the current time I have the slave channel 7 set to 150% so the motor is running at the fastest rpm to start with. (I will adjust this when I get the new cylinders built and turn the pressure down to the required amount),

Follow Rob's directions just as he posted above and you will have a cake walk in the park.

Now the only thing left to do is get the seals in for the new cylinders this week and build them so I can get this machine operational.

Thanks again for all the help and hope this may help some others out too that may be looking at setting up a radio or even trying something along these lines.

Tyler