Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Clubhouse?

RCT makes a good point about non member truck and trailers ...I was at my vtery first truck meet last June , couple grand invested and loving to drive my rig around , then a young boy came up to me and asked if he could drive it sorry but I had to say no. Fortunately the creator of our club up here ( Civic83 ) was prepared for such a thing and allowed to let kids drive his truck if the parents were present and assist the kid if need be.
The idea of providing a few non member trucks would be a great way to generate income! I can just see the line of kids wanting to drive a truck.
Rent the trucks out by the hour. 10 bucks an hour , explain the rules of the road and proper conduct, etc. lets say 5 rigs = $50 / hr for every hour open

I'm a middle aged man and I grew up on spending money at the local arcade playing video games and believe me, I spent a lot more than 10 or 15 bucks in a night and for a kid nowadays to get away from the TV and get to drive an actual RC truck and be a part of a group is a win win situation.
We all want a clubhouse, but if you also want to expand or grow the hobby then the future as always, is in the kids. Kids like Liam a clubhouse is guaranteed to create a whole bunch of Liam's

Mario