Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Clubhouse?

Like I’ve stated before, I’m in California, so what I suggest is just my opinions. The idea of having a clubhouse just for the members, family and friends is excellent. It would also be good to have a location to have events for non-members to have a chance to use the r/c equipment and learn about the options available.

The club should have a form of government and the paying members should have ‘voting rights’. Decisions would have to be made regarding the use of space, money, and time.

Are you going to have more space regulated to road use or quarry use? What buildings are you going to allow into the lay-out? Is the lay-out going to be indoors, and available during the winter/summer months with temperature control, i.e. heating/air-conditioning? How much security do you think you’ll need? Will a set of security cameras be enough? Will you need a full security system? Or do you want a security guard service? Do you want to insure your replicas individually or will the entire complex be covered by insurance in case of any damage to replica’s on site? Will you have a refrigerator on site or will you have vending machines for soda and chips? Will you have mandatory meetings for the members, i.e. 6 month meeting or annual meeting? If it’s every 6 months or annually, it could be a bar-b-que for the entire family of all members and a chance to bring all the members together to have events with their trucks (tractor pulls, precision backing, and truck show).

These are just a few of the questions that you should want to have answered before you invest a lot in this project. It is a project that many of us want to see happen, but is it feasible?

I hope that you get the clubhouse started. Please accept my input as positive instructive criticism. The information/questions are just to provoke thought.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."