View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hurricane shift.....batteries running low

Ok guys we made it out the other side of Sandy, a little bruised up and broken ( literally I broke my nose, got hit in the face with a flying board) but made it non the less. We have had crazy stuff happen here in Brick township, we still have no power to about 40k plus homes. We had such severe flooding we had to go door to door to rescue people with some equipment that could make it threw the 4 - 8 foot flood waters. We had entire neighborhoods under 8 feet of water. We have a barrier island off the main part of our town were many people live which is completely inaccessible. We had guys sink dump trucks cause the flood waters were too deep. We had to rescue some of our police who were under the impression that police cruisers were part boat LOL. The craziest part is that two houses on our barrier island broke free of the foundations and floated out into the bay crashing into the mantoloking bridge which connects the main land to the barrier island. We also have a massive fire burning roughly 30 homes on the barrier island but fire fighters cannot access the island due to the flood waters. At around 3 o'clock in the morning Tuesday I went to rescue a broken down cop car at the end of a neighbor hood the was located right on the bay. I looked across the bay at the barrier island and I could see the orange glow of the massive fire and smell the wood burning. It's almost very apocalyptic too see. We were putting residents in the back of tandem dump trucks and roll offs just to get them out of flood zones. I will post a few pics I snapped during the chaos and confusion. I'm exhausted in on my 4th 15 hour shift since Sunday night. I hope everyone else is ok and made it threw the storm safely.