View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Clifford The Work Horse

Well it's time for an update to Clifford the big red truck, or as fitting as it was last night "Clifenstien" as the girlfriend called it.

I finally got my mfu in and got everything crammed into the truck so I decided tonight now that it is programmed I would get some new pictures of how the truck looks.

Most of the guys that saw it at the St. Louis show remember how slow it ran around the shop but boy howdy did it have plenty of torque. Well I decided to fix that problem a little bit and install a bigger pinion while I was at it. Got all the drive line back together and made some new brackets under the hood, removed the interior and away I went with the new mfu. Now being a day cab this was quite tricky but I found a few good hiding spots for the electronics and all was able to fit inside of the truck without overflowing outside of the cab. All I have left to do now is mount the new micro esc for the low boy under the decking and run a power plug then I will be set to start pulling the trailer and tractor around.

Well anyways enough with the talking and here are some new pics of the truck.

Hope you guys like the new look in version two.

Started stripping down the frame to get a few things out of the way then added the new fuel tanks and the mfu control panel.

Then it began the "Cliffenstein" look.

Several hours later we are back together and sitting lower as the front suspension was modified once again for a better stance than before.

And here are some pics from tonight with the trailer on behind the truck and the lights on in stages from parking lamps, headlights and finally everything on with the driving lights.

And lastly a side shot showing no more lift axle at the moment and the profile of the truck.

I hope you guys like the second version so far and I hope to have the trailer working by the end of next week so I can start laying the decking and get it ready for the tractor before long. I also plan on getting an ss-tronix wireless lighting kit for the trailer as well so all I have to do is hook up and go and everything will be hands free. That is all in good hopes and down the road a ways though.

Thanks for looking and lemme know what you guys think.

Tyler