View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

Just a small update....Still waiting for a few key parts to continue the build but should be here soon. Suffered through a 4 day Flu and then moved right into a brutal cold for the last 5 days.I managed to get the headlamps mounted on a spare grill as a test run for look and fit. Susan had purchased some PMD air cleaners and air cleaner lights at the Indy show and was anxious to see how they look...... but there was something i been wanting to do since placing the body on the chassis.... hook it up to the lowboy!!

The front bumper is just for mock up and the rear fenders are just laying on tires. Speaking of rear fenders, we wanted to stay with a clean, conceal what you can , look to this truck which immediately made me think of a idea i saw Dabears use at one point during his Globeliner build, mount the fender to the axle instead of the frame rail which allows you to make a low tight fit to the wheels. Thanks Aaron!

Using the leftovers of the 0.032" aluminum plate which is real easy to work with and yet is quite strong by the way:cool I came up with this.......

Thanks for looking and any comments and suggestions

Mario.