View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daycab workhorse Pacific P510 P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadieman View Post
Very nice!
I'd like to build a Pacific or Hayes at some point. That's many years away though.
Thanks Im think of doing a hayes as well ..a big HDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
This truck looks great, I was wondering where yoi got the metal from to make the fuel tank step? Did you cut the pattern in it or does it come like that?
Thanks Had that metal for a while now ..I think i bought it thruogh home hareware or canadian tire ..its called expanded metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Lou, you sure were right about those decals. They look awesome on the mudflaps. Great work, now you have to make some for Greg and I!!!!
Thanks Rob ..Whats First on the list ..guess we should make some up for that big dump truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Timber toter View Post
Lou, outstanding work! You have giving me insaration for my next build, I have a tri-axle chassis waiting for cab and drive train. I think I may go with a Pacific as well, I got into looking them up and they are some workhorse looking rigs! I Love it! I was going to go with a lat 40's early 50's KW, But I think a Pacific will look better pulling my B-Train Log Bunks I got from RoadRanger. Keep up the good work, Your a true craftsmen!

NWTT
Thanks NWTT..I picked a truck with flat fenders lol..this makes body work fairly simple..There are quite a few photos on Hanks truck pictures and http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/Phot...47%20to%201950
That is a nice B train ..would look great behind mine too ..lol..I do plan to haul some logs with mine as well and still want the fifth wheel for my flat deck and trummel