Thread: Knight Krawler
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Knight Krawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
You have come a long way on this. The lift axle looks good the way you made it, and I agree with everyone else, that is a pretty blue.

Big John
Thanks Big John, The blue really looks good after a couple coats of high gloss clear! Give cindy our Love and Prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Sweet set up, I cant wait to see this baby all together.
Hi BRICKNICK, I'd like to see it done too but I keep coming up with little things to add to it which sets final assembly back not to mention final paint which I need at least 50 deg. to do. One of these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeagle View Post
The chassis looks fantastic.

Does the lift axle have any suspension movement to it in the down position, or is it solid? I was just thinking if it is, you may have problems with bumps takiing the weight off of the drive axles and causing you to get stuck? I know in real life the lift axles are raised in rough terrain to prevent this, I just didnt know if yours was so solidly mounted to the servo that it may cause problems on relatively small bumps.
Flying Beagle, Thanks for that wake up call! I made sure the axle suspension worked well, and that the servo was mounted in the frame and everything looked good with no interferrence to anything, set the radio up and everything worked! I was happy until I read your post and thought DUH! that won't work. So here is the simple fix. I changed servo arms and slotted it which allows fro full travel up and down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Looking good Kent. The chassis sure looks nice with that paint on it! Is that an aluminum transmission case, or the stock one painted silver? That's a nice touch. A little bling to constrast the paint.
Thanks Nathan, the tranny case is stock, painted with the same paint I used on the headache rack (picture posted earlier in the build). I was going for the DD15 look which all the new detroits are silver.

Thanks for looking and the comments everybody!