View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tamiya Actros 1851 Megaspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf McBride View Post
Gotta nods to OzT there,

Was clancing through the Bruder catalog for scale options, and noticed the Mack cabs on many of the designs. From the tractor, to dumper, to cement, and a few others, lots of options. Then again, I'd want it just for the cab, so scarf the cheapest one, eh?

Gotta agree, Tamiya tends to cater to the Euro market more... but I think its partly two reasons: one, they buy more, so Tamiya caters to the bigger market, but they also are not as miserly with their rights, so Tamiya can make the models.

Then again, I think its support... there is that rumor that the German tankers helped buy the rights from KMW so that Tamiya could make the Leopard 2A6. Would any others help to buy the rights for an Abrams from General Dynamics Land Systems (assuming GDLS would sell them for a similar amount?) I doubt it. And the Israeli's wouldn't let them near the Merkava.

But there is one line they could go to that wouldn't be a rights issue: The WW2 CCKW 353, aka the " Deuce & 1/2 ", though sadly, it'd be a fight whether to make it 1/14 or 1/16. And we might be able to get an 'as-kitted' 6x6 as well...

Ah, dreams.

WhiteWolf
I know most of the guys here on this site would all probably pitch in a bit if we knew it would help tamiya license a new American style tractor like a Pete, kw, mack, freightliner or IH.