View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

Pump is done, even kept the clear plastic cap so you can see the level. Managed to actually bleed the system properly and get no more foam/air/bubbles/goo in there. Capacity is now a little over twice stock, around 2.1 times stock due to the larger bore of the extension.

If i had the space i would run 2 pumps. 1 for the main boom and the other for the bucket and arm, but no space means it isn't happening in that build. I am loving the big bore of the cyls so i am not downgrading those to more leimbach friendly sizes (i guess nothing over 10mm).

I am drawing a lot of power, eatin up 3400mah or so in a few minutes. I will eventually check power draw and see if i have to go to a higher turn motor. I know that without the fan this one overheats... Likely a torque issue. I was trying to go brushless speeds on a brushed but seems i've overdone it a bit. But ive decided to go nuts on battery at 12800mah main and 2800mah for the undercarriage. so ultimately it doesnt matter i suppose......

Started working on the cab.. Got the new counterweight extension and base area completed. I can now scale up the body into at least a 60ton and add a few more lbs of counterweight.