View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Oh some KB5's the cabs are real nicely done but the rest looks like it'll snap with a penny placed on it .
Steve, if these are the 1/16 scale KB5 models I am thinking of, they are really detailed models. Get to it! I'd love to see one of those converted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirthalr View Post
I agree Nathan on the flamed out blue one, alittle much. But it looks good with the monster stacks, and texas bumper.
Jimmy
Jimmy, I hope to get some bigger stacks for my truck too. Because it is a vintage truck, I'll probably keep the lights on the front and rear bumpers, the cab clearance lights, and maybe some lights in the back of the cab, but the way it looks, lights under the cab, on a skirt, are probably not going to work so well. Not much room there. I'd like some breather lights too, like the flamed KW you posted, but we'll see if I have the room. Sometimes I just like a clean truck, that's shaved of most all the lights. That look has started to grow on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
If I ever built a road truck this is the cab I would be using. I too inquired a couple years ago about getting one of these to convert. Needle nose weather a KW or Peterbilt wins my attention.

Travis, I hear you about converting Smith Miller trucks. I talked to a big collector (who has several custom trucks Autocar ect.) before and he seemed to tell me to use one of the Smith MIC cabs to do a conversion. I assured him I wouldn't take a rare Mack cab and cut it up. I have a beat up L model cab and was thinking how to build a heavy dump truck version. I don't know the proper model but one of my friends had two 1:1 trucks we used at our construction show. He has since sold them so getting measurements would be tough now.
Monigham, my friend Craig (Claus) and I talked about trying to build a truck like this probably 3 years ago too. At the time I thought it would be fun to try, but I had no idea I'd ever attempt it myself. I thought it would be to difficult. Funny how that works. I was getting really bogged down with my Peterbilt project, and wanted something a little easier to put together, and then the needlenose KW idea popped up again. While not exactly 'easy' to put together, I have been making better progress on this build, and hope to have a finished truck before summer! Hope I can keep the ball rolling. I think it's a unique model, and I like that it is different. I too like the needlenose trucks!

So from the sounds of it, Smith Miller trucks are not being produced anymore? Their website just has restored trucks, listed for sale, more less?