View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carson Goldhofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf McBride View Post
Thanks Mo.

Hmmm, 65mm = 2.56 inches, so the PMD/Tamiya tires are bigger, where the ones on the PMD/Wedico version are only 50mm, just short of 2 inches. Going 'by eye', the deck on it seems to be about the same height off the tires, so another 1/2" puts the PMD/Tamiya deck at about 3", and the Wedico one would be lower, about 2.5", right?

So, w/ the extenders out, the Goldie is only 1/4" narrower (6.35mm), her deck is about 1/4" lower in height, but she is over 3" longer (76mm) and with those really neat double-bent ramps.

Oh, and add that Tamiya offers free shipping on CONUS at the mo, $609 price tag. Only prob: I'm in Canada, and would been a buyer/re-shipper to get that deal. NAFTA my scrawny tush!

PS: makes me wonder - measurements seem to indicate the PMD 'extenders' are longer. Could they be retro'd to the Goldie to make her even wider? Just idle thoughts.

WhiteWolf
You can make longer extenders if you want. I am very happy with it. I will post pictures of both my loders on there for you. the extenders are plastic, but I saw a place online that made some brass ones. Not something I'm gonna do because the weight is supported by the main deck anyways, the side planks just help out and hardly get any load on them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....