View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WT* is wrong with people

Hoboy...

Like the theft ain't enough, the BS the insurance companies make ye go through, and then they tell ya its "replacement cost". You buy a replacement, submit the receipt, and they send you the money AFTER they approve it. I lost a computer, TV, stereo VCR, and collection of BattleTech mini's back in '95, and they wouldn't even offer 'seed' money so I could ~start~ to replace it. I told 'em to stuff their policy, and I'd never deal with 'em again.

The only other 'rip' was when I got lazy one evening after an R/C meet, and left the beasties in the car. Came down in the AM, found one door unlocked (think they jimmied it) and they'd taken my babies. ~That~ made me wanna take my ash staff to someone... (5'6" of baseball-bat hardness, owie!)

Now I've learned - if you can't afford to loose it, don't leave it in sight, as someone ~will~ take it. Even the semi-honest someones, as its cheaper than buying it. And don't think " It'll just be out of sight for 30 seconds... " as thats twice as long as they need...

Mark it, label it, make sure people know its YOURS. And don't be obvious about marking... as they'll remove it if they can.

WhiteWolf