Thread: Stahl 922 help
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stahl 922 help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
That's Liembach's esc, it always works in mix mode, can't turn it off for individual ch function like the choice you'd have with a Sabertooth.

I'd move from Aux 1 to Aux 3 so the knob will give proportional control for/rev. Then Aux 2 used for steering.

With the 3pos switch centered on Aux 2, it should drive straight, and up or down should steer lt/rt... is it doing that?

I was using some 9amp Banebot esc's for pump control, but Robotmarketplace no longer can get them. But this one from E-flite seems to be a suitable replacement and even has a lipo cut off should you choose to use one... although the lower voltage of 9 to 12.6 will slow down the hyd speed vs a 10 cell @13.4v fully charged.

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/0-EFLA105.html

Then setting up the mix on the radio is super simple & will extend batt run times greatly not having the pump run wide open all the time.
Joe, Thanks for the help again. OK, I switched the aux1 to aux3 and yes that seems to run straight and yes that way I can control th espeed as well. I ordered one of the ESC's you recomended and I am going to try to mix my radio so the pump only energizes with a call for function.

I have a Stahl WA500 as well but it has Servonaut for ESC and hydraulic control and the pump shuts off after a few seconds of no stick control. I would like to add sound to both machines as well, I am assuming the WA500 will be no problem as it already has Servonaut so I can just add a SMX.

What do you think the best option for the 922 would be considering the existing ESC? or should I just cahnge everything to Servonaut?

Thanks in advance.