View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

I drank some coffee so decided to get some more done. I have been racking my head around the turntable for a while but i refuse to spend 400$ on the one from fumotec. besides, i cannot because my body upper plate is already drilled for the 3/8-1/2" bore .770 pattern. And that plate is drilled for the hydros and for the ballast. No go changing that really. Too much pain at this stage.

Anyhow my original turntable worked just fine, alas it was too tall and too long (and close to 5", which i cut down to 4 initially).

scouring my usual sources i found nothing better, thus it was time to just go for it.

Cut the height to 1/3 original and shortened it so it's a square. will machine finetune and smooth cuts tomorrow when it stops raining. Can't handle the metal dust indoors anymore. I will have to make new flush mounts and also load distributing mounts but thats to be expected. I tried to make it internal chain drive and get rid of the big gear on top, but couldn't fit the sprocket inside by 2mm! Still might do it with another mount hub.

next to a standard cap for size.

GROUND CLEARANCE! At this height i barely clear the top tracks so i can create a proper V pattern main section. Will take some creativity as it will house the 2 batteries, receiver, esc, worm gear drive, 2 track servos (i am going chain drive to track sprockets, 2:1 reduction for 400+ oz torque). Waiting on the worm motor from china; have all the rest.